Dr. Mark Plunkett, MD has specialized in an impressive number of fields, thanks to his intensive medical training, residency, and hands-on career at several well-reputed medical institutions.
Dr. Mark Plunkett has always been passionate about the field of medicine and being able to present individuals with medical needs with the most up-to-date methods, knowledge, and technology.
Dr. Mark Plunkett began his training with a B.S. in Biology from the esteemed Duke University, and earned a Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of North Carolina. Dr. Mark Plunkett then went on to earn a variety of accreditations to fine-tune his medical capabilities and expand his understanding for medical procedures and medicine as a whole.
Dr. Mark Plunkett began to pursue specializations in medicine between 1993-1996, when he completed two fellowships: one for Thoracic Procedures from Duke University and one for Cardiology. He then went on to become Board Certified in Thoracic Procedures and Congenital Diseases by ABTS. To date, Mark D. Plunkett is certified in and has practiced the following specialties in his career: Thoracic Procedures, Vascular Procedures, Cardiology Transplant Procedures, Cardiovascular Disease, Pulmonary Disease, Congenital Defects and Disease, and Transplants.
- Thoracic Procedures: Mark Plunkett’s accreditation in Thoracic topics allows him to perform procedures on the esophagus, lungs, and other chest-oriented organs.
- Vascular Procedures: Dr. Plunkett’s specialty in Vascular treaments is one that is characterized by the study, diagnosis, and treatment of the body’s vascular system (arteries/veins).
- Cardiology Transplants: Mark D. Plunkett is qualified and currently practices Cardiology Transplants, which is the transplantation of chest-oriented organs.
- Cardiovascular Disease: Dr. Plunkett is specialized in the study, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases affecting the blood vessels.
- Pulmonary Disease: Dr. Plunkett is also able to diagnose and treat diseases of the lungs.
- Transplants: Mark Plunkett, MD has a specialty background and practices the ability to perform organ transplants, should they be diseased or malfunctioning.